Chelmsford, 6th January 2008
Dear Sirs,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Darren Poole, born in the fine market town of Chelmsford, student of that most glorious bastion of academia, the University of Oxford. I was most pleased to learn that I had been invited to partake in this venture started by Messrs B-Davies and Rutland, so that I might add my (oft controversial) opinion on things of profundity.
It came to pass in recent days that both myself and my esteemed friend Cpl G Rutland esq. completed our ascent of the Everest that is teendom, and have now begun our descent into adulthood, both having now turned to the ripe old age of 20 ans-de-vie.
The celebration for this festival of our aging began on this Thursday past, when Mr Rutland and I did journey to Her Britannic Majesty's glorious capital, to view the musical whimsy of Mr Eric Idle, Monty Python's SPAMALOT. It was a rather jovial affair, with much hilarity throughout, and thoroughly enjoyable I should say!
The next day saw the continuation of festivities for both myself and my dear friend, when a dozen of our dearest fellows did descend upon the Rutland residence, in the town of Witham, for assorted japery. This was an enjoyable evening, with much mirth based around the musical stylings of a certain Guitar Hero, and the viewing of comedy in its televised form.
And so, the celebrations of our twentieth voyage around the Sun complete, I shall leave you, dear reader, until I find some other cause to ramble.
Adieu
Mr D L Poole, Oxon

No comments:
Post a Comment